Friday, October 3, 2008

The Great Lakes Medieval Faire

For the past two years I have been going to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire in Geneva OH. Its so much fun, its set up in the woods with real buildings, everyone dresses up in medieval costumes (well, almost everyone) and talks with an English accent. There is a Rickshaw driver (runner) and a gypsy fortune teller, lots of Shakespearian plays and jugglers who eat fire. This year they even had a fire walker. Everyone was more than happy to have their picture take so I got some really cool shots of some total strangers.

My Mom and my brother Rick got to go this year and they both had a blast! I had my daughter Jessie with me and Rick brought his son Brady. The joust was definitely Brady's favorite part but I think my mom and Jessie liked the Washer Wenches the most. Tom had to work so I took home some roasted turkey legs for him so he didn't feel left out.    

IMG_6022

This was taken at the main gate, you would have thought I asked for blood when I asked them to pose for this picture.

IMG_6032

IMG_6050

A squire getting his knights horse ready for the joust.

 

IMG_6052

The Fellowship! (for all the Lord of the Rings fans)IMG_6037

Mom and Jessie

IMG_6071

Rick

IMG_6083

Brady watching the joust! He LOVED it!

IMG_6075

Getting ready for the joust.

IMG_6088

IMG_6089

IMG_6090

Rick and Brady

IMG_6099

I think this guy was selling drums or something, too cool!

IMG_6104

Brady having fun!

IMG_6111

IMG_6112

IMG_6154

I cant wait until next year, maybe we will even dress up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed!